Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dun Dun Dun...

Here is little miss innocent on Valentines Day...enjoying her tulips and teddy that 
her daddy sent to her that day.  Notice the beautiful LONG curls on her head.

Here is what I saw when she came down the stairs from her nap yesterday.  Words cannot explain the devastation that suddenly came over me....  I mean, I have heard of those "other kids" cutting their own hair.  
But a full on hair cut!  
I mean, all the way around the head???
Layers...
Bangs....
more layers...
all of the back...(other then a rat tail)
I felt the back of her neck thinking......... trying to understand how my baby girl could have done this.  
After the many many many many tears I shed....I made it clear never to do that again!
Which was hard because I knew she felt bad enough and she wanted her long hair back but didn't understand that it could not re-attach itself. 
And I must say...

This girl has got some hair cuttin' skills! The back was soooo straight! 
Then I questioned her as to where her "hair" was.  
She told me in her room on the floor...
I know...gasp...ughhhhhhhh, that was a tough one to swallow.
All her beautiful curls on the floor.  This was the neat little pile that she left it in.  
(why is this underlined?? I can't get it to go away)
Anyways...after the shock set in I took her up to my bathroom and evened it all out.  I shaped up her new layers and bangs and here are a few after shots :)
I guess I am just thankful that she did not take the scissors to her scalp or cut herself!

everytime she looks in the mirror she gets a little sad because she says she looks like a boy now...
So I tell her not to ever do it again and that
She is beautiful no matter what her hair looks like!

14 comments:

Kari said...

OH my gosh Katie!! I want to cry for you!! I'm pretty sure if it were my daughter I would be in tears. I am amazed though at how good she did! That is some serious skills! AND she is has the CUTEST curls I have ever seen!! She is still adorable as ever even with short curls!!Love the way you posted this!

Lowe Down said...

Oh Katie... Im so sorry! Hair is so important to us girls and i feel your pain. But she is still a cutie pie with short hair!!

THE HAGES said...

I can not believe you fixed it yourself! You all have some major skill over there! She looks really really cute with it short though. Props to you all! Love Ya!

..Kris Naven.. said...

I would be a hysterical mess too! Oh my goodness, but you made it look way cute! And she did sucha good job actually! Props to her! I think Kammy would look good even if she was bald!...Make sure she doesn't get a hold of brad's razor! Lol!:)She is beautiful no matter what, and she looks really cute with short hair! Just remember to tell her when she gets sad that it will grow back out!!! :)

Jenn Mize said...

Well, at least she is a cute girl and can pull off short hair. It could be worse, she could be one of those girls who has to have long hair so people know she's a girl. :) I still think she looks as adorable as ever.

Natierae said...

At least she didnt cut the whole front like Lexy did!!! Here hair looks super cute though, she has some serious skills, and so do you!

5SMiTHS said...

OH...MY....WORD!!! This is the craziest hair cutting story I have ever heard! I have to say I would have been put into a straight-jacket! EXCEPT She still looks amazing! At least she has those beautiful ringlets ... my daughters hair didn't grow till she was like 3 and this is how her hair looked when it was short... She is still gorgeous! What a great story to tell forever and ever!

Anonymous said...

Ok so Im happy you updated the Blog!! I am trying to do some homework and this was a very entertaining adorable story.... And dang she might just be a hair dresser when she grows up! That was a good cut all the way around. I can barely give my bangs a trim without messing them up! One question though... Did you ask her what she was thinking??? Kammy is so pretty anyways and like everyone else said, she looks beautiful long or short!

Keri Ann said...

oh My! yes...I have been through this as well. Halli was about her same age.. 4ish? and had hair almost to her waist and cut it above her shoulders and bangs..

just be glad that she did not also do it to the neighbor girl too. which is what halli did and she cut the neihbors bangs to her SCALP! I cried, and the neighbor mom cried. I am lucky we are still friends!! LOL,

I feel your pain, but she looks so cute, and it grows back! thank goodness.

Kem said...

How sad... I would cry for a month if Lauren ever cut her hair. The new cut is really cute and she does have mad hair cutting skills. I love the last picture.

Brooke said...

Okay so i would cry too if ava did that, but she looks way stylin'! I actually love short hair on little girls! Her curls add so much cuteness to it!

Megan said...

Oh no!!!! Who would have ever thought that little sweet Kammy was capable of this! I still can't get over how good she did! It could have been a whole lot worse! I guess it is a good thing that she is so incredibly cute! She could be bald(better make sure to keep the razors outta reach;) and still be the cutest little girl ever!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

oh my gosh!! I know the feeling! I cry when I cut my hair....

But hey, she did a great job.... no way would I have ever done that well that young. She is still a cutie!! :) and it iwll grow :)

but wow.

PS- way to go on fixing it! Multi Talented sista! :)

Tiffani said...

Aaah! I would also be soo devastated! That reminds me of a time I cut my own bangs. Sadly I was old enough to know better (12ish) but I wanted bangs and my mom wasn't ready right when I wanted her so I cut them...they didn't turn out right but again my mom didn't drop everything and come to my rescue so I just cut the all off completely...not a good look. Apparently, I need some patience. Maybe Kami will be a hairdresser because it looked pretty professional minus the one long strand. I think it still looks cute all done up and scrunched. She'll just have to accessorize to feel more feminine...I'm thinking flowers, headbands and fun bobby pins.