Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to Reality

DSC_2990editweb


We went to Utah last Wednesday and I must say I miss it already.

We stayed at a really cool hotel, I guess it's the only historic hotel in Utah.  The Peery Hotel.

DSC_2874web
I LOVED these beds!  So elegant.  
Brad loved that they were tempur-pedic (sp?)
DSC_2879web
Jameson being cute in the elevator...one of the only pics I took of him :(
DSC_2906editweb

The main reason for the trip was so I could follow this amazingly talented photographer around...Jessica Kettle.  In my opinion she is one of the best and I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to learn more about photog. from her!  She offers mentor sessions and I highly recommend it.  
Here are the highlights of the trip.  Good and Bad:

driving out we were pulled over...turns out those aircraft patrols are real!  Lesson learned.

Watched Elmo about 8 times... thanks Jameson.

We ate some awesome mexican food.

Did some shopping :) of course.  Anthropologie is waaay better in Salt Lake, not fair.

I was hosed (not kidding) with Beckett poo in the mall parking garage

had a blast taking pics with Jessica of a super hot couple and a hot mama (pics to come)

Went to temple square along with 1,000 other people who decided to go and I swear half were brides  (next time we will not go on a saturday)

Ate some breakfast at Dennys...hello, it had been a while.

Got pulled over on the way home.  Darn those Nevada cops. (not for speeding this time)  apparently our reg. is past due...woops!


Ok, so here is a little sneaky of the hot couple...


DSC_2324editweb

And thanks to the most awesome hubby for making this all possible! Love you babe! 

6 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

Wow Katie! Your pictures just keep getting better and better, I can't wait for you to do mine and Jake's photo shoot! And that stinks about getting pulled over, and about the poo! Ewww! But I'm sure it's not the first time it has happened- it just stinks (literally ha) when you are out in public! I'm glad you guys had a great time, and your pics are gorgeous once again- I can't wait to see more of the shoot! I miss you, and love you!

Love Always,
Kris

Kem said...

Love the pictures. What a cute lil man you have. I love the yellow shoes.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh Katie I can't wait to see more! I am so glad you guys had such a good time! Maybe next we can talk Dave into going;)

Tiffani said...

Can I have a copy of the SL Temple, WOW! That is one of the best I have seen and we have a photographer in the family who has done a bunch of temples...so I hope she doesn't see this!

5SMiTHS said...

ummmm your skills are REDICULOUS! I can't handle it. I'm gonna need an appointment soon

. said...

Ah! I am so totally jelous!! the temple pic in gorgeous,you should totally get that on canvas!
and so is the one of the couple. I can not wait to see more. OH! and sorry about the cops, that sucks.