Sunday, April 27, 2008

We're Back!!!

......and hotter than ever!!! seriously...it has been hot!
Ok, I know it has been FOREVER since my last post!!
But gosh...aren't we worth the wait?
Brad finished up another busy and successful tax season and we are a family again!
"What have we been doing since April 15th?" you ask.
see below
The day after tax season ended Kammy went on her very first camping trip with Grandma and Grandpa Elmer. She was gone for two nights and boy did she have a blast!
They were right on a lake
(literally right on it...good thing I didn't see the picture of the location or I would have been a nervous wreck the whole time!)

Her favorite part was "throwing rocks into the river/lake"

Sooooo
Night #2 we happily/quickly packed up Jameson and some of his belongings and shipped him off to his Aunt Candice and Uncle Jacks house! (Thanks guys!)
This was his first sleepover!
He did good other then waking up a few times in his strange surroundings.
Sooooo
Brad and I spruced up and went to dinner!
LOOK how excited we were...ADULT conversation
the only interruptions came from our fantastic waitress!...GASP!!

It was a nice two night break, but lets face it...we felt incomplete and actually looked forward to our kiddos safe return!

Something about non-stop jibber jabber, laughs, screams, boogers, zero privacy, constant cleaning, diapers, hugs and kisses was calling our name...
Weird I know, I guess we're just suckers!

But don't get me wrong...we love a break!


Speaking of SUCKERS check out J and his very first one!

AND...Kammy with her third in one sitting!!

So since then we have been busy with errands, shopping, playing, picture taking

and EATING lots of yummy stuff like fudgsicles in 90 degree weather!

And Swimming in our pool!
Jameson doing his Sexy Man Pose again...we can't get him to stop...

It has been wild, hot, crazy, and tons of fun!!!

Looking forward to see what this week has in store for us!

Yes, I have tons more pics so we'll see if I get motivated enough to do another post.... You must check back to see!!

9 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

Ha ha That is awesome!!

I think once you have the kids, all those things are so amazing and conforting, however, since we don't have the kids yet and were jsut around what feels like 15 of them at once.... I am gratful I am still working HA HA

But still that is awesome you got to go out and have some alone time. :) That is always nice.

HAVE FUN GETTING ALL NICE AND TAN POOLSIDE! (dang it) I will be here under my florescent lights in front of a computer screen admiring the outside sunlight from a distance. :) (I am on lunch right now, and do I get to go outside, NO! because the time time during the day that it isn't sunny and nice outside.... oh well. ha ha)

HAVE A GOOD ONE! Talk to you later!

Natierae said...

First of all jealous glare- no kids and a pool!!! Lucky. Second of all welcome back!It was great seeing you at the party the other day

Jenn Mize said...

Hey, glad to see that you remember how to post. But uh, really, no shout out to the Friday night games with your friends? Hmmmmm, I see what our relationship means to you. :) Oh well, Guess what... I'M COMING TO CALIFORNIA! Yup, I will be in town for Rob's wedding. YAY! So I get to see you guys again. David will not be able to come this time because of school and work so I am flying solo. Literally! Ha! Ha! Ha! Anyway, hopefully I'll see you next week. Love Your Guts!

Kristin said...

Your blog is SO entertaining! Glad you guys got some time to youselves. Even though you were probably wondering how your kids were the entire time, it probably was very rejuvinating. I love reading your blog!

Stephy said...

Hey Katie,
I love how advanced you are with the whole blogging thing. You have the cutest family pics. I highly doubt I'll be able to keep up. It's more addictive than I thought, though.
You are such a good wife to write all things you love about Brad. Nice.
Luv ya, Stephy

Cathi said...

Boy, you guys have been busy! Nice to get some alone time huh! I've missed you, we need to hang out! Call me and we'll come swim at your house....oops,did I just invite myself over?? ;)

. said...

Hi! I just barley noticed that you left me a comment! Sorry it took me so long to write to you.
actually Cathi Bitter and I are taking a class together right now. Just through Sierra college adult classes. It was a basics of photography covering aperture depth of field etc....which I highly recomend if you are just starting out. Also go check out I love photography .com it has a lot of info!! but I will be taking some digital classes as well later. So call me any time.
maybe we can sign up together!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Oh my goodness! You post so cute! I love it! And the pictures you take are priceless! I am glad Brad is done with tax season, and that you little lovebirds got a little break! I can't wait to see the kids, and they are getting sooo big! I love the pics with them and their suckers and in their bathing suits! We will have to come over sometime this summer and go swimming too! Even if you don't want us to-I'm inviting ourselves over! Lol! J/K! Oh ya check your email-I sent you one back! Love you, miss you and can't wait to see you!

Love Always,
Kris

Morgan Werner said...

Hey! I love your blog! I added you to our friends link list, if that's cool with you! I wonder what it would take to get Trish on this thing....

Katie, can I just tell you that you are SUCH a cute mom?? Someday when I have kids will you teach me how to have time to make myself look like a babe, all done-up and stuff? I'm not even a mom yet and I've already gone down hill!